Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Swimming Lessons!

 I am officially on Summer Vacation now (yay!!) and my first order of business was to enroll Keira in swimming lessons.  After her refusal to get in the pool in Arizona, I was nervous that she wouldn't get in the water, but she was a little fish!  On the first day, she was getting in, blowing bubbles, and floating on her back and belly.  Three days in and she's jumping in, floating with noodles and kicking her way around the pool!  Because she's only 2, I have to be in the water with her, but I'm so glad we enrolled her in the lessons, she's much more comfortable in the water now!
 One of her favorite things is throwing a toy and "swimming" to it. 
 Her FAVORITE thing is the last 5 minutes, when we get to go to the shallow area of the pool and she can collect rings and walk around.  She doesn't want me to hold her- she keeps telling me it's her turn to swim- and loves the independence she gets in the shallow area.  She asks to go to that area throughout the lesson. 
 I'm hoping to keep swimming this summer, even after lessons are over!  She looks forward to swimming every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment