Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spring Break Wrap Up!

 I was so sad to say goodbye to Spring Break, so we finished up with a bang!  Keira and I packed a lot into our last week.  We hit the beach on a particularly beautiful day.  However, over the last year Keira's personality has completely changed.  This little girl, who we couldn't keep out of the water last year, wouldn't set foot in the ocean this year!!  I was shocked, but we still had a great time playing in the sand and enjoying the sun. 
 We decided to take a visit to the Children's Museum with Tatum and Ty.  The kids had a great time, and Joy and I were glad that they were not in their fanciest clothes- the Museum is messy, but fun!
 We had a great time in the Rain House, which has real water falling on the tin roof, which makes cool noises, and has a giant foam puzzle on the floor.  Keira could have stayed here all day, jumping and moving the pieces around.  However, a class on a field trip came in and it got a little crowded, so I took her out... Can't these teachers control the kids? :) 
 Keira and Ty had a great time playing the musical instruments,
 and Keira and Tatum loved climbing up the rock wall!  This is the first time Keira has attempted this, but she did great!
 All three kids loved the bounce tunnel, as always!
 We headed over to Erin and Brian's house for a barbeque and we found a new potential babysitter!  Nick was awesome with Keira and brought a tiny mitt, ball, and bat for Keira to play with.  He was an amazing coach, even taking a few hits from the bat from Kason and Keira.
 Keira loves throwing and catching, I can't wait until we can start softball for real!
 Keira and Kason made us a little nervous with the bat, but everyone walked away without permanent injuries. 
 We headed over to Parkway Plaza to run an errand, and had to take a ride on the Merry-Go-Round.  Keira loves Merry-Go-Rounds, and just HAD to ride on this tiger.  She was so funny, she "roared" all through the ride.
 Keira and I also wrapped up her dance class.  Even after 6 weeks of dancing, I still couldn't leave her alone in the room, and she REFUSED to touch or talk to the instructors.  I think I'll have to keep enrolling her in classes and get her used to teachers!  She still LOVES the tap portion, and tolerates the ballet.  She was looking at the pictures recently and told me she wants to take dance classes, so I'm going to start looking into another class soon- while her tap shoes still fit!
 She still wears her tap shoes and dances all around the house, and has recently started asking to wear her "ballet first" shoes as well.  She thinks ballet is called "ballet first" because I would always tell her we were going to do ballet first and then tap, because she always wanted to do tap first.  It's funny, if we see a ballerina, she'll tell me, "look Mommy, ballet first!"  Silly girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment