Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Keira and I headed out to the Kensington Memorial Day Parade with our good friends Aidan and Kaitlyn (and their mom and dad).  We started the day at the Kensington park, and then walked down the street to get a great spot to watch the parade. 
 Check out these cuties!  Keira may or may not have "marked" her spot on the wagon with a bathroom accident- oops, I guess she's not all the way potty trained...
The parade is a small neighborhood parade, and it was so cute!  One of the first people walking in the parade was a dentist who handed out flags and toothbrushes, Keira and Aidan were so excited and sat in the wagon waving their flags and looking utterly patriotic.  Soon after, another group started handing out Krispy Kreme doughnuts, yummy!  I asked for a bite of Keira's doughnut and was promptly denied.  "No, mommy, MY doughnut!"  I was hoping for scraps at the end, but she finished the whole thing!  I was shocked!
 One of the funniest groups was this group of VERY secure teenage boys.  They walked along the entire parade route and performed this little ditty for thousands of people.  It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment