Monday, August 8, 2011

Tea Party and First Time at School!

Keira and her friends at daycare LOVE to play tea party with their singing teapot.  She keeps asking me to have a tea party, so I decided to break out my china teapot and have a real "tea" party... Really, hot chocolate.  She was so excited about our tea party, she was dancing around the kitchen and singing "tea party, tea party, I like tea parties!"  We had hot chocolate, marshmellos, and little cookies we had made earlier in the week.  She did great, but using my china made me a little nervous- I think I'm going to get a plastic tea party set soon.  We had another tea party with Daddy last night, I think he was hooked and definitely wants to have more tea parties.  :)
Keira's daycare provider had to take a day off for some appointments, so Keira came to work with me in the last week of school.  James was working on a crazy project at work and couldn't take any days off, and I'm trying to save as many sick days as I can for my maternity leave, so we decided she could spend the day in my K/1 class.  I think my class was more excited to see her than she was!  She did a great job all morning, sitting with the class and playing blocks, coloring, and playing with the kids.  I was able to give a math test and do some reading, so it was still a successful day... :)
 Keira kept breaking the rules of the class, and it was so cute, my class would tell me about it.  "Mrs. Arce, Keira is getting into the blocks.  Mrs. Arce, Keira is drawing on your chart.  Mrs. Arce, Keira is touching the computers!"  I had to explain to the class that she was only 2 and would be doing different things than them all day.  She did find my old phone and had a great time talking to "Grandma".
 In the afternoon, Keira got crankier and crankier as her nap time passed, so it became my goal to keep her busy.  Thank God for blocks and Dominic, my student who loves the computer and kept her entertained with Elmo videos.  He gets to use the computer as a reward and also loves to watch Elmo, they could have stayed there all day if I let them.  :)  She did have a few meltdowns, but overall was great.  With her first crying fit, one of my students asked me why she was crying, and I responded, "because she's two."  She fell asleep in the car within 15 seconds of leaving the parking lot and slept for two hours when we got home.  It was fun for one day, but I was definitely glad I don't bring her every day!  I'd never get anything done!

No comments:

Post a Comment