Friday, September 23, 2011

Birdhouse!

I've been really enjoying Keira's toddlerhood.  I love that she can follow directions and she and I can complete crafts together on my time off.  I found a craft for a homemade birdhouse online, and thought it would be a great idea.  Keira is totally love with the birds who hang out in the tree in our backyard, and I thought she would love it if the birds would come and eat from something she had made.  We started with a milk carton, yarn, and paint, and she was excited to paint something new!
 She was so cute, all business, making sure to paint all the sides and distribute the paint evenly. 
 After it was all done, we took a trip to PetCo (which, by the way, is a GREAT thing to do with a toddler when you've got an hour to kill, it's like a free zoo!  She loved walking around, looking at the birds, snakes, cats, rodents, and fish... she could have stayed there all day!)  We picked up birdseed and hung her birdfeeder in a corner of the yard.  Unfortunately, the birds haven't really taken to it yet, but I'm holding out hope... At the very least, it was fun to do, and adds a little color to the tree, and she loves showing people her birdfeeder when they visit.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment