Sunday, March 18, 2012

Playing and Dancing and Haircuts, Oh My!

 We made the most out of the beautiful January weather in San Diego with a trip to Belmont Park with the kids.  Keira is not used to sitting around the house and loved getting out for sunshine and fun.  We visited Belmont Park over Christmas with my family, and Keira loved it just as much this time.  We went for a ride on the carousel and James took Keira for a ride on the tilt a whirl.  Roller coasters are definitely not for me, Keira absolutely gets this from her daddy. 






We ended with her favorite thing, sandcastles at the beach!  She could have stayed here all day, but it started to get chilly and we needed to get baby Tyler home.  We're so lucky to live in beautiful San Diego, Keira is definitely turning into a little beach bum.
During my maternity leave, I also signed Keira up for dance classes at our local rec center.  The teacher was WONDERFUL, and Keira did great.  She seemed to enjoy the classes here more than the last few times we signed her up for classes.  Keira even talked to the teacher, and stood next to her during the class!  It was a huge change for her.  I would have loved to keep her signed up in classes, but they are Mondays at 3, and I keep having meetings at work until 3:30, so we'll have to wait until my spring break, and/or until the classes move to a later time- or we stop having Monday afternoon meetings, which I would prefer.  :)








I also broke down and took Keira into the Kids Hair Salon to get her hair cut.  It was getting difficult to brush her hair at night, and I had done more than one hack job on her bangs, so I decided to take her in and get her hair cut by a professional.  It was definitely worth the $18.  Little shy Keira refused to talk to the hairdresser, but allowed her to touch her and followed all the directions.  Her hair was getting SO long, a haircut was definitely overdue.

The hairdresser did a great job- Keira even got her hair done, complete with glitter and bows.  I kept trying to get Keira to smile during the haircut, but she refused until she was out of the chair and a safe distance away from any strangers- and the lollipop certainly didn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment