After three years of looking at dirt, rocks, and weeds in our front yard, James and I decided it was time to make the front of our house match the inside. We went down to our nursery, and thanks to the THREE HOURS of help from Deborah, the Anderson's Nursery worker (whom we cannot thank enough!), we came up with a plan, and set about getting the house looking like the rest of our street.
We cleared out the evergreens and weeds, and set out the plants where Deborah told us to put them. :)
After three years, our friends haven't learned to decline our calls, and Chris, Bobby, and Sean came over to lend a hand. We couldn't have done it without them!
We had another helper in Keira. She pulled out her shovels and rakes and got right in there! She is quite the gardener, shoveling compost and digging holes. She loved helping and, as you can see, got herself pretty dirty in the process.
We enlisted Cristian's help as well. Hopefully we don't have any complaints about child labor. :)
I'm hoping to create a small vegetable garden for Keira and I to plant together. She loved gardening, I think she would have so much fun planting and eating her own food!
Here's a look at the yard during landscaping...
...and, the completed project! It's quite an improvement, and our neighbors are very pleased.
I found some time during the landscaping to celebrate my friend Jaime's bachelorette party. We had a great time, and I welcomed the break from manual labor! Congratulations, Jaime!
No comments:
Post a Comment