This August, I decided to take a trip up to Santa Maria and spend some time with our families. I knew we wouldn't be up again until after the baby was born, and I knew my traveling days were going to quickly be gone. James had to work, so I decided to take the train up and have Grandma pick us up in Santa Barbara. At first, she LOVED the train. James dropped us off, and she looked out the window, waved good bye to daddy, and watched as we took off.
After 30 minutes or so, she tired of that, so I gave her some lunch and plugged in the computer. Thank GOD for the computer and the iPhone... they kept her entertained between the reading and coloring.
I made sure she was well fed-
and we even took a trip down to the snack car, where she picked out some Skittles and chocolate milk, then discovered that she didn't like Skittles. Oops- I think she thought they were M&M's, and tried to suck on them. They definitely don't melt like M&M's.
After 10 trips to the bathroom for our 5 hour train ride (nope, not kidding...) we arrived! We were so excited that Grandma made it to pick us up, and that we survived the ride!
We had a very fun, relaxing time visiting. We went to the park with Grandma and Grandpa Arce and Grammie, where Keira loved being the center of attention.
Even Grandpa couldn't help himself, he thought the dinosaur looked like too much fun!
My little daredevil LOVES the tire swing. Anything that spins around and makes her dizzy, she wants to do again and AGAIN. I know she doesn't get that from me, and I'm so thankful that someday, she'll go on roller coasters with James so I can sit and enjoy funnel cake. :)
Keira also made it a NIGHTLY tradition at Grandma and Grandpa Spry's house to have a birthday tea party. No, it wasn't Keira's birthday, but she didn't care. Grandma had bought a carrot cake, and every night we would get a candle, light it, sing "Happy Birthday" to Keira, then eat our cake with our "tea"- which was really hot chocolate. I don't think any of us really minded.. we got cake and hot chocolate every night!
Yum!
Finally, on our last day, we took a trip to the Avila Barns with Grandma, Ashley and Ryland. I had never taken Keira to the barns, but we had an awesome time! Keira got to feed tons of animals, which she LOVED- I couldn't believe how brave she was, she'd put the food right up to their mouths! They had tons of different animals- hens, sheep, goats, cows, donkeys, even an emu-and Keira enjoyed feeding and looking at them all.
After feeding the animals, we walked down to the apple orchard and picked bags of fresh apples. The kids loved running on the trail and picking the apples off the tree. Then, we walked back and had a delicious lunch and visited the Farmer's Market, where I spent way too much money on fudge, fresh muffins, toys, vegetables, and fruit. We had a great time, and will definitely be visiting again the next time we're at Grandma and Grandpa's!
No comments:
Post a Comment